What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small text file that is stored in your browser (such as Google’s Chrome or Apple’s Safari) when you browse most websites.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a malicious file, not malware, not a virus, not a Trojan horse, not a worm, not spam, not spyware, nor does it open pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not typically store sensitive information about you, such as personal information. The data they store is technical, statistical, personal preferences, personalization of content, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but rather your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with the Chrome browser and try browsing the same website with the Firefox browser, you will see that the website does not realize that you are the same person because it is actually associating the information to the browser, not to person.
What kind of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when a human or an automated application is browsing, when an anonymous user and a registered user are browsing, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Analysis cookies: They collect information about the type of browsing you are doing, the sections you use the most, products consulted, time slot of use, language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: They show advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, language, etc.
What are own and third-party cookies?
Own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and third-party cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Google Adsense, etc.
What cookies does this website use?
This website uses its own and third-party cookies. The following cookies are used on this website, which are detailed below:
- Session cookies , to ensure that users who write comments on the blog are human and not automated applications. This way spam is combated.
Third party cookies
This website uses analysis services, specifically:
- Google Analytics. To help the website analyze the use made by users of the website and improve its usability, but in no case are they associated with data that could identify the user. Google Analytics, is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., The user can consult here the type of cookies used by Google.
Social network cookies
Social network cookies can be stored in your browser while you browse LinkAlicante.com, for example, when you use the LinkAlicante.com content sharing button on a social network. Below you have information about the cookies of the social networks that this website uses in its own cookie policies:
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes, and not only delete, but also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To delete cookies from a website, you must go to your browser settings and there you can search for those associated with the domain in question and proceed to delete them.
- Cookie settings for Google Chrome
- Cookie settings for Apple Safari
- Cookie settings for Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings for Mozilla Firefox
More information about cookies
If you wish to have greater control over the installation of cookies, you can install programs or add-ons to your browser, known as “Do Not Track” tools, which will allow you to choose which cookies you wish to allow.